Monday, November 1, 2010

people

Relationships with others take such a huge part of our lives, we spent so much energy, thoughts and attention on that, but if you think there is no place to learn how to do it properly...Even the best Universities don't offer programs in "building sustainable friendships", "being a good father" or "maintaining good family atmosphere"...Isnt that a paradox, such an important thing, and nobody actually knows how to do it right :) I guess that's the point - on the way we learn something from here and there, have fun and try to be better.
Now, I have much more free time and it gave me chance to observe a lot - my friends, people on the streets, colleagues in office. Especially when you dont understand everything of the language sometimes the only thing left is to observe - body language, reactions, intonation, etc - it's just precious. But I have the feeling people are kind of lost in so many situations, if they could go back they could've said/done something different...
Colombia is for sure the country of strong relationships, family and friends. People here value this the most, they prefer to do things together, their love is strong, as well as suffering...Not much in the middle...that amazed me a lot, and I really liked it. I understand much more this beautiful culture! Maybe that would be the place to learn about people, real people who dont always hurry, but just live their lives...

No comments: